Bookkeeping & payroll services
SAC Consulting offer affordable bookkeeping and payroll solutions regardless of the size of your business or your location, and which are tailored to your needs.
With these new Making Tax Digital (MTD) requirements and other potential hassles of accounting, many farmers might decide it's time to get help with their bookkeeping - and the team at SAC consulting are ready to help.
As of April 2019, VAT-registered businesses with a taxable turnover above the VAT threshold (£85,000) are required to follow the Making Tax Digital (MTD) rules by keeping digital records and using software to submit their VAT returns.
We can offer affordable bookkeeping and payroll solutions regardless of the size of your business or your location, and are tailored to your needs.
Why use an SAC bookkeeper?
- Enjoy a system where you can be involved in the financial side of the business but with all the benefits of having a bookkeeper
- Have easy access to your information so you can see at a glance which bills are due, who owes you money, or how much you’re spending on key inputs
- Raise customer invoices on your phone
- Access tailored reports which provide you with timely, useful technical information
- Have the option of using Figured an industry leading benchmarking and budgeting program
- Be confident that your bookkeeper is fully insured and ready to help you with HMRC requirements, such as MTD
Benefits of using Xero and Figured
SAC Consultants are both certified and a Gold Partner with Xero, an online accounting software.
Figured works with Xero, and is a complete livestock, dairy and crop budgeting, production tracking, and forecasting tool.
There is an extensive network of Xero-trained staff in SAC offices around Scotland able to offer one-to-one support and training. We can help you with everything from initial training to a pre year-end review to make sure that your books are in good shape for the accountant.
Some benefits of using these powerful tools, alongside with SAC Bookkeeping service:
- Access your business finances and reports anytime, from any internet-connected device – phone, tablet, or computer
- The decision on how much involvement you want with your bookkeeping and accounts
- See the financial effect of production changes with farm reports that make sense
- Have more time to focus on your business operations and family life
HMRC are tightening up the definition of a 'self employed contractor' and as a consequence, many more farmers find themselves 'employing' people who in the past could be treated as self-employed.
Being an employer requires a payroll system, which many farmers find daunting. SAC Bookkeepers can help with the setup and ongoing operation of a simple payroll system for your business and have experience dealing with:
- Allowances, e.g. dog allowance
- Wages rules
- P45, P11D
Find out more about our services
Our consultants in 25 offices across Scotland and northern England turn research into advice and advantage for business and public sector alike.