Change Your Path bursary
If you are a mature student looking to change career or re-train, SRUC’s Change Your Path Bursary offers you up to £1,000 to help with the costs associated with fitting study into your life.
To apply, you must:
- be aged 25 or over by 31 August
- be enrolled on an HNC, HND, undergraduate degree or distance learning PgDip/MSc course in September
- be studying full time, or part time (defined in this instance as studying at least 50% of the full time programme in this academic year)
- submit an application form by 31 August
- be a new student to SRUC (you must not have studied at SRUC in the past five years)
- still be on the course and engaging with your studies by the relevant payment date
You can use the application form to apply. Successful applicants will be informed once they have started their course. Bursary payments are made in two parts, at Christmas and Easter, as long as you are still engaging with your studies.
Change Your Path stories
Additional funding opportunities
Further education funding
Further education (FE) qualifications at SRUC include: Skills for Work, ABC Level 2, Certificate, Advanced Certificate, NC, NC Introduction, Level 2 Diploma, Level 3 Diploma, SVQ Level 5, City & Guilds Level 2, Extended Diploma, MA at SCQF Level 5, MA at SCQF Level 6, and College Certificate.
Higher education funding
Higher education (HE) qualifications at SRUC include: HNC, HND, BA or BA Hons, BSc or BSc Hons, MSc, PG Certificate, PG Diploma, PDA at SCQF Level 7, Top-Up Degrees, and MRes.
Regardless of your course, level of study, or residency status, you may also be eligible for a number of support funds to pay for tuition, living expenses, and other costs associated with studying at SRUC.
Pathways to Study
Explore all the ways you can learn at SRUC. From entry-level to Master's degree and beyond, full or part time study, distance learning, apprenticeships, mature students and courses for schools. We're here to help you and your business thrive.
Explore what life is like at SRUC from before your arrival all the way through to graduation. Find campus and accommodation information, tips, checklists and helpful information on getting started at SRUC, student support services before, during, and after you arrive, term dates and timetables, Moodle, and more.