Health Planning for the Beef Cow Herd
Scroll down to discover more
**This course is currently postponed. If you have any questions or would like to preregister for this course when it becomes available again, please contact us**
Time: The course starts at 10am on Day 1 and will finish around 4pm on Day 2.
Location: Holiday Inn Hotel, Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh, EH12 6UA
The challenge for veterinary surgeons involved in herd health planning is to provide a service that improves and safeguards the productivity of their clients’ herds.
To succeed, the process must be dynamic and interactive, but above all progressive to ensure that the herd health plan is a living document of continued relevance to the herd and not merely a box ticking exercise. To that end, this course covers the production principles that govern profitability of the beef cow herd and focus on data collection and analysis and it explores the interactive health plan programme as a tool for this.
- The factors that determine production efficiency in the beef cow herd
- Generating production targets that are relevant for the individual client
- An introduction to risk management and its application to health planning
- Analysis of production data and problem solving
- Preventive programmes for the infectious diseases that have greatest impact on productivity of the herd
This course may support those working towards their RCVS CertAVP. It is particularly applicable to B-PAP.2 Production animal practice.
Please watch our course video for more information from the tutors.
(subject to availability)
- Tim Geraghty, SRUC Veterinary Investigation Officer
- Robert Ramsay, SAC Consulting
- Mary Young, SAC Consulting
If you are a non-UK or non-Irish national we need evidence of your right to study in the UK. After booking your place we will contact you and ask for a copy of your passport and UK visa. If you are an EU national with settled or pre-settled status we will ask for a copy of your passport or ID and your status-share code (when asked what you need the share code for, please select 'something else'). If you have any questions please contact us via the form below.
Price (includes refreshments and lunch; accommodation is not included):
Early bird price* £490
Standard price £540
*Early bird prices apply to bookings made more than six weeks in advance of the course date.