To attend a full-time course for longer than six months, you must apply for a student visa. 

The course must meet UKVI requirements, such as being a SCQF level 6 or above. Not all SRUC courses are eligible to be sponsored under the Student Visa route. Please check with us. 

This guide gives you some helpful information to make a straightforward Student visa application. However, the ultimate responsibility lies with you. You must start preparing your application early and pay lots of attention to detail.

It would be best if you waited until you have obtained your Student visa before booking any non-refundable travel tickets.


Apply for your Student visa on the UK Government website. 

How to apply for a Student visa

What happens next?

Visa holder responsibilities

Both you and SRUC have specific responsibilities as a Student visa holder. 

Other helpful information

Study requirements for international students

Learn more

Living in Scotland

Learn more

Explore more:

Pathways to Study

Explore all the ways you can learn at SRUC. From entry-level to Master's degree and beyond, full or part time study, distance learning, apprenticeships, mature students and courses for schools. We're here to help you and your business thrive.

Explore more

Student Life

Explore what life is like at SRUC from before your arrival all the way through to graduation. Find campus and accommodation information, tips, checklists and helpful information on getting started at SRUC, student support services before, during, and after you arrive, term dates and timetables, Moodle, and more.

Explore more

Contact Us

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us anytime!

Get in touch