Undergraduate students

Undergraduate higher education students from England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man may be eligible for help with funding through Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland or other Government Departments.

Explore the links below for more information.

Postgraduate students

In addition to exploring funding options through your local government above, if you are a UK postgraduate student you may want to look into your eligibility for Postgraduate Masters Loans and Professional and Career Development Loans available through the UK Government.

Some of our postgraduate courses are awarded by The University of Edinburgh or the University of Glasgow so be sure to check their funding pages to see if you're eligible for funding through them as well.

Finally, specific funding opportunities available for your chosen course of study at SRUC may also be found within our course catalogue

Postgraduate funding with the University of Edinburgh

Find out more about postgraduate funding with The University of Edinburgh.

Explore more

Postgraduate funding with The University of Glasgow

Find out more about postgraduate funding with The University of Glasgow.

Explore more

NFU Mutual Centenary Award

Students studying a Masters or PhD course in agriculture may be eligible to apply to the NFU Mutual Centenary Award.

Learn more

Additional funding

Whether you're studying full-time or part-time, you may also be eligible for these funding support programmes:

Discretionary Fund

The purpose of the Discretionary Fund is to assist students who endure financial difficulties while attending college. It is used mostly to assist students who have their own accommodation and require assistance in paying their housing costs and associated expenses.

Childcare funding

Childcare funds are designed to provide financial assistance to students whose entry to, or continuation of, their chosen course at SRUC may be inhibited by the cost of childcare. 

Travel expenses

All young people and children aged 5-21 years are entitled to free bus travel.

Care experienced students

Students who have been in care at any time may be eligible for a Care-experienced Bursary. The term 'care-experienced' refers to anyone who has experienced a certain form of care in their life (sometimes known as having been ‘looked after’).

Student bursaries

We offer a variety of additional funding opportunities to encourage and support engaged students, passionate about their subject area, to maximise their potential and study at SRUC.

Learn more

IT Equipment

If you don't have access to a laptop but you need one for your course, SRUC will provide you with one.

Learn more

SRUC alumni discount

SRUC offers a 15% discount on tuition fees to SRUC alumni on its taught postgraduate programmes.

Learn more

Explore more:

Pathways to Study

Explore all the ways you can learn at SRUC. From entry-level to Master's degree and beyond, full or part time study, distance learning, apprenticeships, mature students and courses for schools. We're here to help you and your business thrive.

Explore more

Student Life

Explore what life is like at SRUC from before your arrival all the way through to graduation. Find campus and accommodation information, tips, checklists and helpful information on getting started at SRUC, student support services before, during, and after you arrive, term dates and timetables, Moodle, and more.

Explore more

Contact Us

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us anytime!

Get in touch