Climate care cattle farming systems.
CCC Farming is an European program ERA-NET SUSAN funded project, which aims to develop climate smart cattle farming systems that reduce GHG and ammonia emissions while maintaining the social-economic benefits of the farm business.
Emission reductions will be achieved by the use of innovative housing and manure handling systems such as:
- the use of composted bedding material
- separation of faeces and urine
- artificial floor constructions
- manure cleaning robots
- cow toilets
- novel cropping systems
- precision crop management
- virtual fencing
- ICT data collection techniques like using tools and drones
Novel Feeding, breeding and grassland mitigation practices will be examined and selected, contributing to the integrated systems approach.