Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

For latest Covid-19 information click on the link below.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.


Documents you will need for your Tier 4 application

It is your responsibility to collect the documents you need for your visa application and you should make sure that you understand the Tier 4 requirements and responsibilities as stated on the UKVI guidance

What documents are required?

• Your current passport
It must be valid when you make your application and when you arrive in the UK. It must also contain at least one full page that is blank on both sides.

• Two passport sized colour photographs.
They must meet the Home Office requirements

The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a virtual document similar to a database record. SRUC will issue you with a CAS once you have an unconditional offer and we are satisfied that you are likely to successfully apply for a Tier 4 visa.

• Evidence of English language proficiency
If you have applied to study a degree level course you do not have to send an English certificate with your Tier 4 application. However, if your course is below degree level you will need a Home Office approved English certificate (SELT)

• Financial documents
To meet Tier 4 financial requirements, you must be able to prove that you have enough money to cover for the first year of your course fees plus a set maintenance. This financial evidence must meet Home Office requirements, please click here for further details.

• Tuberculosis test
You’ll need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test if you’re coming to the UK for more than 6 months and you have been in any of the listed countries for more than 6 months immediately preceding your Tier 4 application.

• ATAS Certificate
The Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) requires all international students studying postgraduate qualifications in certain sensitive subjects to apply for an ATAS certificate. If you are required to apply for an ATAS, SRUC will inform you during the application process.

• Evidence of qualifications listed on your CAS
For each qualification listed, you must provide either:

    a. The original certificate of qualification (the original not a copy) clearly showing:
     • your name
     • the title of the award
     • the date of the award
     • the name of the awarding institution.
     (UKVI will not accept provisional certificates whether original or a copy) or

    b. The transcript of results (the original not a copy) clearly showing:
     • your name
     • the name of the academic institution
     • the course title
     • the confirmation of the award

• Translations of any documents that are not in English or Welsh
If a document is not in English, it must come with a fully certified translation. It must contain confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document, the date, the translator full name and signature, and the translator/translation company’s contact details.

If you are applying for entry clearance in your country of residence or leave to remain in the UK, and you are a national of one of the countries on Appendix H of the Immigration Rules, you are not required to include the financial and qualification documents with your application. You must, however, confirm on the form that you meet the requirements, and that you hold documentary evidence in the manner required. The UKVI may request these documents at any time during the application process.


Rate this page

Please provide us with your feedback for this page.

We welcome all comments and suggestions.