Our Team and Projects
Cath has worked in industry and farm management research for over 25 years and has particular interests in the economics of animal health, farmer decision making, profitable farming systems, externalities and sustainability.
Lorna joined the team in 2014 and has a background in livestock farming and animal health planning.
Current and Recent Projects
- Study into farmer decision making – how do farmers choose
between alternatives where the outcomes vary and include negative
side-effects? This includes work on attitudes to risks. RESAS funded
- Evaluation of existing policy measures:
- Supply chain efficiency scheme projects within the Welsh RDP: TAG (on-going) and Cywain (completed 2011)
- Young Entrants Support Scheme 2010-12, Wales (completed 2013)
- Economic assessment of potential options relating to the 6 day standstill in Wales (completed 2013)
- Assessing and improving the impact of KTE from RESAS funded research at SRUC (on-going)
Economic evaluation of soil compaction