Our Team and Projects
Cath has worked in industry and farm management research for over 25 years and has particular interests in the economics of animal health, farmer decision making, profitable farming systems, externalities and sustainability.
Lorna joined the team in 2014 and has a background in livestock farming and animal health planning.
Current and Recent Projects
- Study into farmer decision making – how do farmers choose between alternatives where the outcomes vary and include negative side-effects? This includes work on attitudes to risks. RESAS funded research 2011-16.
- Evaluation of existing policy measures:
- Supply chain efficiency scheme projects within the Welsh RDP: TAG (on-going) and Cywain (completed 2011)
- Young Entrants Support Scheme 2010-12, Wales (completed 2013)
- Economic assessment of potential options relating to the 6 day standstill in Wales (completed 2013)
- Assessing and improving the impact of KTE from RESAS funded research at SRUC (on-going) Economic evaluation of soil compaction
The farm management team are on the organising committee for the International Farm Management Association (IFMA) Congress which will be held in Edinburgh on 2nd to 7th July 2017.