Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

For latest Covid-19 information click on the link below.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.

English Language Requirements

Countryside Management students

As all teaching, SRUC learning materials, and assessment is in English, competency in written, spoken, and the understanding of English must be demonstrated.

If English is not your first language, in order to secure a place at SRUC you must have an accepted English language qualification as detailed on the Accepted Language Qualifications page.

If you are from outwith the EU or EEA and will require a visa to study in the UK, you must comply with the Tier 4 English language requirements as detailed by the UK Border Agency. This requires an English language qualification for everyone who is not from one of the specifically exempted countries listed below. If you are planning to do a course below degree level, you must include an original document from UK NARIC which confirms the assessment of your academic qualification equivalency.

Exempt countries (deemed majority English speaking) are currently:

  • Antigua and Barbuda,
  • Australia
  • the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • United States of America 

You do not have to confirm English language competence If you have completed an academic qualification equivalent to a UK degree in any of the countries listed above (with the exception of Canada) plus Ireland and the UK.

International Student Enquiries

Student recruitment and admissions enquiries for international students

Address: Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC), Peter Wilson Building, Kings Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JG United Kingdom.


SRUC Student Recruitment

Telephone: 0800 269 453


Rate this page

Please provide us with your feedback for this page.

We welcome all comments and suggestions.