Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

For latest Covid-19 information click on the link below.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.

How to apply for a full time undergraduate course

Student designing

Those wishing to study an undergraduate course (BA/BSc degree, Honours degree, HND, HNC) full-time have to apply through UCAS.

How to apply through UCAS

All applications to UCAS are made online through the UCAS website.

There are a number of benefits to applying online:

  • You can change your application as often as necessary before you send it to your teacher, careers advisor or directly to UCAS.
  • The co-ordinator at your school, college, careers centre or British Council can return your application if it needs to be changed.
  • Applications are normally processed by UCAS within one working day.
  • There is an online help facility that can guide you through your application.

You will need to supply the following information in section 3:

Institution code name: SRUC
Institution code: S01
Course code: See relevant page in prospectus or on website.
Campus code:

  • X - Aberdeen Campus
  • Y - Ayr Campus
  • B - Barony Campus 
  • Z - Edinburgh Campus
  • E - Elmwood Campus
  • O - Oatridge Campus

Short form of course title: See relevant page in prospectus or on website.

Applicant days

If SRUC are able to offer you a place on the course you have applied to, you will receive an invitation to attend an applicant day. These are specifically designed to help you make a more informed decision.

We realise that some applicants will already have attended an SRUC open day. However, applicant days will provide more detailed course information, including interactive activities that will give you the opportunity to be a SRUC student for a short while. You will also have more time to meet with staff and students involved with the course and the wider student experience.

Applicant days take place in March and April. You will receive an invitation by post with more information.

Deferred entry

It is also possible to apply through UCAS this year, for entry onto a course next year. You can do this if you know that you are going to take a year out between school and university, but would like to secure your place on a course before you do.

The UCAS application form explains how to indicate that you are applying for entry in the following year.

SRUC Student Recruitment

Telephone: 0800 269 453


Rate this page

Please provide us with your feedback for this page.

We welcome all comments and suggestions.