Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

For latest Covid-19 information click on the link below.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.

Student Accommodation at Edinburgh

Edinburgh City Centre - pipe band marching down Princes Street infront of the castle

In recent years there are many more providers that have established residences across the city.

Students can apply for accommodation at any time, and you don't need to wait until you have a confirmed place at SRUC. The application process is online via the providers own website: 

Travel to our King's Buildings campus from all of the accommodation locations is straightforward as all are centrally located and buses in Edinburgh are regular and reliable. Designed to high specification, the properties offers some non-ensuite rooms with larger shared bathrooms, and a range of ensuite rooms and studios.

Included in the price are all utility bills, in-room internet access, and basic contents insurance.

Alternatively, many students choose to rent accommodation within the city's private rental sector. Edinburgh has a large student population and a large rental market, so finding a room to rent as part of a flat-share, or even a flat to rent alone, is very rarely a problem.

The Education Office is able to provide further advice on finding accommodation and holds a list of students looking for accommodation to help group individuals together allowing you to look for whole flats to rent as well as individual rooms.

Accommodation details are sent to applicants to whom an offer is made.

Please also take a look at our Facebook Group which has been created for this purpose.

Edinburgh Education Office

Address: Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC), Peter Wilson Building, Kings Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JG.

Telephone: 0131 535 4391


Rate this page

Please provide us with your feedback for this page.

We welcome all comments and suggestions.