Our experienced, specialist staff can provide up to date veterinary advice and support for veterinary practices. Some tests are UKAS accredited and the lab is a member of an External Quality Assessment Scheme Results for worm and fluke egg counts are reported on the day the sample is received when ever possible. Contact us (England and Wales contact Edinburgh Centre).
Download information sheets for farmers and vets:
We can provide:
- Screening service for worm and fluke eggs, coccidia, lungworm.
- Examination of skin scrapings for sheep scab mites/lice – this is free of charge for samples from Scotland.
More specialised testing:
- Coccidial oocyst speciation.
- Faecal coproantigen ELISA for fluke.
- Fluke antibody ELISAs on blood or milk samples.
- Detection of Haemonchus eggs.
- Post-mortems including recovery and speciation of worms from intestines.
We offer advice and support for the busy vet practice:
- Speakers for farmer meetings.
- Access to subsidised testing for investigation of unusual problems.
- Provision of CPD for vets (please contact us if you are interested in parasitology CPD).