Samples and Submission Forms
MV/CAE & EAE Acceditation Schemes
Please note: New MV/CAE Rules come into force from 1st January 2019 click on MV/CAE Accreditation Scheme to learn more
- It is important that the correct forms are submitted along with any samples.
- Samples must be submitted in Red Topped Clotted tubes.
- Where samples are being submitted for EAE as well as MV/CAE and the testing date coincides, a single sample from each animal is sufficient, but the correct blood test information sheets must be completed for each scheme. In this case, samples should be sent to the centre you normally use.
- Important: please provide an extra blood sample / animal if you require non-Health Scheme tests done along with your Health Scheme tests.
- Abortion material from members of the Enzootic Abortion of Ewes (EAE) Accreditation also should go to the local SAC Consulting Veterinary Services or APHA Centre which you normally use.
- If not testing for MV/CAE, please send EAE samples to the SAC Consulting Veterinary Services address below.
- Please ensure that the submission form is completed with full details if testing for export may be required.
- EDTA blood samples accompanied by SAC Consulting paperwork for scrapie genotyping must be sent to:
SAC Consulting Veterinary Services, Allan Watt Building, Bush Estate, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 0QE.
Specific Scheme Information
PSGHS Price List detailing pricing for ALL schemes including MV/CAE & EAE Accreditation plus Scrapie Genotyping, Scrapie Monitoring
MV/CAE Accreditation Scheme
EAE Accreditation Scheme
Scrapie Monitoring Scheme (scheme for export)
Scrapie Genotyping (for selective breeding)
Client member information about health schemes click here
Important: If your client wishes to test for CLA at the same time as PSGHS testing please submit a second blood tube