Download Scottish Recommended List for Cereals 2020/21
The Scottish cereals lists include varieties of spring and winter barley, wheat and oats that are of most agronomic and commercial value to Scottish growers and the cereals sector.
Recommendations are made by SRUC supported by the Scottish Variety Consultative Committee and are based on data collected as part of the AHDB Recommended List system.
The lists for 2020/21 include three new spring malting barley varieties, a new high-quality spring oat, a new spring wheat, and new feed options for the winter cereals.
The full data collected, and the AHDB Recommended Lists, are available on the AHDB website, this includes information on varieties not mentioned on the SRUC list.
The new varieties are as follows:
· SY Tungsten – has potential for malt distilling and brewing
· Firefoxx – has potential for malt distilling
· SY Splendor – has potential for brewing
· Prospect – feed spring barley
· WPB Isabel – has strong agronomic features
· KWS Giraffe – has good grain quality
· KWS Hawking – two-rowed feed winter barley
· Jordan – two-rowed feed winter barley
· RGT Saki – soft feed-only winter wheat
· SY Insitor – hard feed-only winter wheat
Recommended Lists for Cereals from previous years: