The attributes of an SRUC student
Whatever your course or level of qualification, there are certain attributes that you will develop during your studies.
These are developed through what you learn and how you learn.
Our approaches to teaching are designed to generate enthusiasm and a desire to learn, which then promotes the development of these attributes through increased student engagement and active learning.
SRUC Graduate Attributes are
- Academically Competent: Breadth and depth of discipline knowledge; Communicate ideas effectively; Recognise the provisional nature of knowledge
- Critical Thinkers: Synthesis and analysis; Informed reasoning and problem solving
- Desire for Learning and Personal Development: Open to, and interest in, lifelong learning; Reflective and independent
- Responsible Members of Society: Recognition of the value of cultural diversity and the importance of ethical and environmental issues
- Employability: Leadership skills; Well-developed transferable skills
We have a commitment to provide the best possible learning opportunities and experience and thus prepare its students for a positive and productive contribution to society.
We aim to produce graduates who are aware of their own capacity for future self development and who will be able to meet both the needs of society and changing personal circumstances.