Click a question to reveal the answer.
Our webpages on open access are currently under development but there is lots of material available for you to look at online.
General material offering an introduction to open access and institutional repositories can be found at:
Tools and services to assist you in publishing Open Access:
- SHERPA, operating from the Centre for Research Communications (CRC), supports the development of open access repositories. Services and resources of particular use are:
- SHERPA guidance for authors – information about copyright, funder mandates, repositories and open access
- RoMEO – publisher copyright and self-archiving policies
- JULIET – research funders archiving mandates and guidelines
- FACT – funder and authors compliance tool
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
Finding open access material and other institutional repositories:
- SHERPA Search - offers a search service for the full-text of material held in UK open access repositories, as listed in OpenDOAR.
- OAIster – a cross-search facility for over 1100 digital repositories.
- OpenDOAR – a directory of academic open access repositories worldwide.
- ROAR – Registry of Open Access Repositories – provides access to and statistics on nearly 1000 repositories worldwide.