- Position: Consultant
- Location: South East Scotland
I am a Senior Consultant with the Environment Team, providing technical design, data capture and mapping expertise.
My role allows me to work on a wide range of multidisciplinary projects covering the environment, agriculture, sports and amenity sectors.
I carry out site investigations, the preparation of outline proposal, scheme design and detailed design drawings, as well as topographical survey assessment and earthworks modelling. I am also working on the submission of planning, building warrant and other statutory applications, data capture, analysis and thematic map production for agricultural and environmental impact assessments. I manage SAC’s online mapping system groundMapper and am an advanced user of AutoCAD Civils 3D, ArcGIS and QGIS.
I'm currently working on
- technical design and planning support for a new large agricultural shed in East Lothian
- technical design drawings for a large poultry farm in Perthshire
- technical support to colleagues for new offshore cable route through Angus
- using GIS to analysis the agricultural impact of new A96 dualling road in Aberdeenshire
My professional highlights
- data analysis and preparation of thematic maps associated with nutrient and soil
- management programme for SEPA’s ’Training for Farmers on Nutrient and Soil Management’ project
- preparation of masterplan layout for multi-recreational sports hub including one of the first closed road cycling circuits in Scotland for Linlithgow Community Development Trust
- detailed design services in the construction of a natural grass sports pitch to SFA standards, 3G pitch, 5-a-side pitches and resurfacing existing hockey pitch at Peffermill Playing Fields sports ground for the University of Edinburgh
Find out more about our consulting services
Our consultants in 25 offices across Scotland and northern England turn research into advice and advantage for business and public sector alike.
Check out our SRUC News consulting & commercial section to find articles about our commercial partnerships and consulting activities.
Our business services work across food supply chains and the natural economy to help clients rise to the challenge of climate change and scientific and technological transformation.