Dr Jayne Glass
- Position: Land Use Policy Researcher
- Location: Edinburgh Campus
I am a social scientist with expertise in rural policy, environmental governance and Scottish land reform. I have undertaken a range of theoretical and applied research and consultancy projects and frequently work with land managers, community representatives and other stakeholders.
My research focuses on land reform, land ownership and land use policy, as well as community and stakeholder engagement, social learning and deliberative processes. I am also interested in community resilience and capacity building, and sustainable rural development.
Areas of expertise and interests
I'm currently working on
- developing the evidence base to inform policy related to Scotland’s rural and island economies
- shaping sustainable, inclusive and just rural and island communities
- increasing understanding of the role of land ownership and land reform in achieving net zero and reversing biodiversity decline in Scotland
- understanding the impacts of land-based public funding mechanisms on land values and other outcomes
- rural poverty and social exclusion and the opportunities for young people living in rural areas
My professional highlights
- Guest Researcher for the Natural Resources and Sustainable Development programme at Uppsala University in Sweden
- Honorary Lecturer in the School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh
Find out more about our research services
Our work addresses health and productivity in animals, animal welfare and crops, promotes low carbon farming and increases farm output through efficiency and innovation.
Check out our SRUC News research section to find articles about our scientific staff and research activities across the globe.