It is important that the correct forms are submitted along with any samples.
- PSGHS use red top blood tubes. Samples should be dispatched to us within 48 hours of collection and refrigerated until dispatch
- Where testing dates coincide and samples are being submitted for EAE as well as MV/CAE, a single sample from each animal is sufficient, but the correct blood test information sheets must be completed for each scheme
- PSGHS abortion material from members of the Enzootic Abortion of Ewes (EAE) Accreditation also should go to the local SRUC Consulting Veterinary Services or APHA Centre which you normally use
Important: please provide an extra blood sample/animal if you require non-Health Scheme tests done along with your Health Scheme tests. If you are importing animals, please contact PSGHS.
All samples should be sent to St Boswells following Royal Mail Guidelines.
Scrapie Genotyping requires an EDTA blood sample in purple blood tubes. Find out more information about Scrapie monitoring here.
- PSGHS submission form (PDF)
- PSGHS shorter submission form for added animals or retest (PDF)
- New Member with accredited stock submission form (PDF)
- Premises check form (PDF)
- Import declaration Form (PDF)
- Johne's risk level form (PDF)
About the diseases
Find out more about the diseases covered by Premium Sheep and Goat Health Schemes.
Find out more about our services
Our consultants in 25 offices across Scotland and northern England turn research into advice and advantage for business and public sector alike.
Vet & laboratory services
Our leading experts provide support to clients in areas animal disease, diagnosis and surveillance.