SRUC Veterinary Services Covid-19 update
- PCHS blood samples - please use red top tubes. Samples should be dispatched to us within 48 hours of collection and refrigerated until dispatch
- PCHS milk samples must be used with preservative
- PCHS BVD ear tissue samples – please keep tags in a cool dry place (DO NOT FREEZE) and submit in batches every 2 weeks to prevent sample deterioration
SRUC Veterinary Services has agreements with the ear tag companies listed below who will include the PCHS lab submission form for combined tag and test when you order tags.
Caisley operates a ‘Pay as you Go’ system so you are free to choose a lab, however, if sending it to PCHS you must use the form below.
Please note we also work with other tag brands not listed here as agreements change from time to time - please check when ordering that a tag manufacturer has a testing agreement with SRUC. You can also buy tags independently and send them to our lab. Please register your animals with BCMS before submitting.
BVD test results from another laboratory
We will accept a limited number of test results from another laboratory to achieve first qualifying pass only. For clients who continue to use another testing lab for BVD tag and test for their own records, we advise that they carry out a check test via PCHS each year (please make sure you blood test 5 unvaccinated animals between 9-18 months of age in each management group totalling at least 7 animals) so that we can enter these results onto the PCHS database.
- Non-routine submission form
Please note: ONLY use the submission form on this website if outside your routine annual testing e.g. added animals, reproductive failure, bulk milk test, retest or a clinical screen if animal showing signs of disease as will send you a form for routine annual testing
- BVD tissue tag declaration form
- Johne's blood retest positive animals submission form (including faeces submission)
- CHeCS Health Plan Template (needed for Neospora and Johne’s disease)
- Neospora risk level form
- Pen/Sale Cards (Health Declaration Form)
Please allow two weeks for production. If testing is required, sale animals must be tested between six and twelve weeks before the sale
- Application form bTB only
- Application Form bTB for PCHS Members
- bTB Biosecurity compliance declaration
BVD tag and test
Scottish BVD Eradication Programme
- Scottish Government BVD screening submission form
- Scottish Government BVD ear tissue submission form
BVDFree England for PCHS Members
- PCHS member consent form
Give PCHS permission to upload your BVD accredited herd status for ‘free’ to the BVDFree database (open to all herds in the UK)
Non-PCHS Farmers who join BVDFree
Only results with a full UK number can be uploaded onto BVDFree database. Results from SRUC Diagnostic system CANNOT be uploaded to and ScotEID is not connected to BVDFree database. It is essential to submit samples on BVDFree England paperwork.
BVD Stamp It Out
You must register with bvdfree.org.uk prior to your results being received.
The Premium Cattle Health Scheme Members' Database contains details of PCHS members' health status, arranged by seller, area and breed. Use the links below to access the information.
- PCHS Members' Health Scheme Status (by seller)
- PCHS Members' Health Scheme Status (by area)
- PCHS Members' Health Scheme Status (by breed)
Should you require Breed Society information, we provide a quick link to their websites.
Advice guides and CHeCS technical document
PCHS biosecurity guide
Read an overview of biosecurity rules for the Premium Cattle Health Scheme (PCHS).
CHeCS technical document
Read the Cattle Health Certification Standards (CHeCS) rules.
Isolation and testing guide
This guide is for isolation and testing when adding non-accredited cattle to accredited herd (includes Levels 2-5 Johne’s).
Connect with us
Join us on Facebook
Keep up to date with the latest from SRUC Veterinary Services on our Facebook page.
Find out more about our services
Our consultants in 25 offices across Scotland and northern England turn research into advice and advantage for business and public sector alike.
Vet & laboratory services
Our leading experts provide support to clients in areas animal disease, diagnosis and surveillance.