Support to Agriculture
The Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) has gone through several reforms in recent years. Debates are ongoing regarding the future of the CAP post-2013, both in terms of support for farmers (‘Pillar 1’) and support for wider rural development (‘Pillar 2’).
The Rural Policy Centre has produced a number of publications relating to the future of the agricultural industry and, more specifically, to the reform of the CAP in recent months. These are available via the links below.
- 2015: The effect of shocks on agricultural income inequality in Scotland
- 2015:Changing farm practices: planning programmes for change
- 2015: Investigation of Barriers to Uptake of Electronic Identification (EID) for Sheep Management
- 2015: Farmer Behaviour: What’s Changing Farm Biosecurity?
- 2015: Evaluating the 2007-2013 Scotland Rural Development Programme: Lessons Learned
- 2015: The Impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy Post 2015 Reforms on Scottish Farming
- 2014: Current Trends in British Dairy Farming Regimes
- 2014: Breeding, Feeding and Management to Reduce the Emissions Intensity of Dairy Production
- 2015: Resource Efficiency
- 2015: Scotland's Rural Land
- 2015: Rural Economies: Diversify or Die?
- 2015: Electronic Identification: Making the most out of Compulsory Tagging
- 2014: Young Entrants to Farming: Explaining the Issues
- 2013: CAP Developments in June 2013
- 2012: CAP Reform, Innovation Union and Europe 2020: Interconnections, Opportunities and Future Direction
- 2012: A Bright Future for Scottish Agriculture After CAP Reform?
- 2011: CAP Reform post-2013: An Opportunity to Support High Nature Value Farming Systems in Scotland?
- 2011: Future CAP for Scotland
- 2011: The Scottish Integrated Farm Scheme: A Practical Proposal to Integrate Farming and Agri-environment Payments post-2013
- 2015: Scottish Agricultural Tenure Evidence Review
- 2015: Scoping study on the equine industry in Scotland
- 2013: Scottish Dairy Sector Efficiency and UK’s Dairy Purchases Trends - A Contribution to the Scottish Dairy Sector Review
- 2013: Informing the Development of the CAP Post-2013
- 2012: Sustainable Intensification in Scotland
- 2011: Response from the Hills
- 2011: Raising the Competitiveness of Scotland's Agri-food Industry