Horticulture Careers Day
Wednesday 15th February 2017 (10am – 3pm)
at The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
A day of unmissable presentations and seminars by leading horticulturists on a range of topics. Additional trade and industry stands providing an ideal networking opportunity. Aimed at anybody who is interested in a career, or further developing their career and knowledge in horticulture.
About the Event
- 10:00am Registration and Welcome - Fletcher Building, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- 10:30am - 12:00 noon
- David Knott, RBGE Curator of the Living Collection. "The importance of plants"
- Kirsty Wilson, Associate Director Young Hort, Glasshouse Supervisor, St. Andrews Botanic Garden. "A young horticulturists perspective"
- Georgina Kay, Horticulture Research Manager from the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board. "Modern Growing Media"
- 12:00 noon - Lunch - Fletcher Building
- 1:45pm - 2:45pm
- Ross Cameron, Senior Lecturer Landscape Management, Ecology and Design at Sheffield University. "Horticultural Technologists - The key to effective green infrastructure"
- Tony Kirkham, Head of the Arboretum, Gardens and Horticultural Services at Royal Botanic Gardens Kew. "Modern Tree Planting Techniques"
- 2:45pm - 3:00pm Questions and conference close
Who is the event aimed at?
- Anyone interested in starting a career in horticulture
- Students on horticulture courses
- Anyone already in horticulture wishing to progress their career
- Anyone with qualifications / experience in another area wanting to apply these to horticulture
- Career advisers
GROWCareers covers careers advice in horticulture under the following headings:
- Plant science and technology
- Arts and design
- Business, production and food
- Heritage and conservation
- Sports, leisure and green space
- Health and wellbeing
For further information visit GROWcareers.
Speakers and Seminar Leaders:
- Practicing horticulturists from across the industry
- Horticulture education providers
Stands and Exhibits
- Horticultural professional societies
- Colleges and training providers